Written January 3, 2019
Part 2 Feedback Service
- If you send me a 1.5 to 2-minute MP3 recording of
yourself speaking a Part 2 answer, I will send you my feedback on your
- My feedback will be in spoken form, in one or more MP3
files that I will send to you.
- I will give you an approximate Band score for your
answer, tell you about any major English mistakes you make, and give you any
suggestions that would help you make your Part 2 answer better.
- I strongly suggest you do not write
a "speech" or story and then read it in your recording. Remember, in the
real test you have only one minute to read the question and prepare for a
Part 2 answer. Instead of writing a complete answer and then reading it
word-for-word, I suggest you simply make some notes in less than 5 minutes
and then try to make the complete sentences as you speak in the recording.
That is coming close to the real test situation. For those of you who do
write a full answer like an essay, you should turn your answer over and try
to speak it from memory, not read it. However, examiners don't like answers
that you have prepared and memorized before the test and they usually can
detect such answers. When they detect such answers, quite often they will
reduce your overall score and also ask you especially difficult Part 3
questions, just to teach you a lesson.
So, to repeat, I suggest you do not spend more than 5
minutes preparing your answer and I suggest you try to speak almost as if it
were a real test.
- Please only use Part 2 questions that are on this
- The most convenient way for us to exchange our MP3
recordings is on Wechat or Skype but you can send them to me
by email if you prefer. My Wechat ID is IELTS-Chris; My Skype ID is
chris.green4976 (with a dot between "chris" and "green") and my email
- Depending on how busy I am, I should be able to send you
my feedback in 1 to 4 days.
- The cost is $9 (Australian) or 45 RMB (Chinese) for each
Part 2 answer but if you pay for 5 or more at one time, the cost will be $7
or 35 RMB each.
- You can pay on Wechat or using PayPal (to email@example.com)
but since PayPal's fees are quite high now, you will definitely save on the
PayPal fees if you pay for several at one time, not pay for several of them
- Those people who enrol in my group Speaking test lessons
on Wechat get this service included in the cost of the group class and they
can get feedback on 10 Part 2 recordings. See