Updated Dec. 4, 2018
Chris's English Corner
- If you join IELTS-Chris you will be able to chat with
many other people, from all over the world (but mostly from China at the
moment) who are interested in the IELTS test. You will also be able to ask
me questions there and see other occasional messages from me, including
extra materials to help you learn more English, in addition to what is on
- A key part of this English corner is the
group Wechat (微信 ) sessions that I hold for IELTS speaking for 1 hour every night,
Monday to Friday,
every month. (Only the audio function is used.) The Wechat address is
- The group sessions are divided into two groups and each group meets
20 times a month, beginning on the first Monday of the month.
One group meets from 6.30 pm to
7.30 pm, Monday to Friday (Beijing time)
- The other
group meets from 8 pm to 9
pm, Monday to Friday (Beijing time)
- You don't need to be from China to join one of these groups!
All, or almost all of the content is in English and that will especially
apply if there are any non-Chinese people among the students.
- The lessons for both groups are more or less identical and mainly involve
my asking you Speaking Test questions and giving you feedback (advice and
corrections) on your answers. You all need such feedback from someone like
me. These lessons should not be considered to be exactly the same as
"teaching" lessons, like lessons in a language school. Overall, the aim of
these lessons is to maximize the amount of speaking that the students do.
- Each group has 6
"speaking members" and
2 "listening members", who can only listen. However, if a
speaking member is absent for a lesson, a listening member can take part in
that lesson as a speaking member, if he or she want to.
- The cost for speaking members is
490 RMB (or $98 Australian)
for 1 month, and 190 RMB
(or $38 Australian) for 1 month for listening members.
- You can pay either on Wechat at
IELTS-Chris or by
PayPal, to email@example.com.
- Only the first 16 people to enrol each month will be able
to take part in these group classes.
| The next group
lessons will begin on Monday, December 30, 2018 and run until
Friday, January 25, 2019.
- New classes will begin at the start of February and March
2019 so you can book a place in those classes now, if you like.
- If you withdraw from a class before it starts, your fees
will be fully refunded to you. However, if you withdraw after a class has
started, you will only be refunded half of the remaining, unused fees.