Updated August 19, 2019
Chris's English Corner
| Please Note
- I will be taking a vacation during August. The
next group speaking classes will start on
September 9 and
continue until October 25,
- The times of the two group classes will be 7-8
pm and 8.30-9.30 (Beijing time), Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- This "English Corner" is at the Wechat address, IELTS-Chris
- If you join IELTS-Chris you will be able to chat with
many other people, from all over the world (but mostly from China and a few
from Russia at the
moment) who are interested in the IELTS test. You will also be able to ask
me questions there and see other occasional messages from me, including
extra materials to help you learn more English, in addition to what is on
- You can also think of this 'English Corner' as a place for
"brainstorming" or getting ideas for some Speaking test topics and
questions. As far as my time and energy allow, I will try to help you with
ideas in the EVERYONE group on my Wechat IELTS-Chris account.
- Another aspect of the EVERYBODY group is that I hope some
members of the group alert me to any current Speaking test topics or
questions that you might become aware of and that I don't yet have listed on my website. In other words,
Chris's English Corner should be considered as a collaborative effort - you
help me and I'll try to help you.
- A key part of this English corner is the (paid)
group Wechat (微信 ) IELTS Speaking
test sessions that I hold for IELTS speaking for 1 hour, 3 nights a week
Monday, Wednesday & Friday. (Only the audio function is used.) The Wechat address is
- The group sessions are, at the moment, divided into two groups and each group meets
a total of
21 times, over 7 weeks.
One group meets from
7.00 pm to
8.00 pm (Beijing time)
group meets from
8.30 pm to 9.30
pm, (Beijing time)
- You don't need to be from China to join one of these groups!
All, or almost all of the content is in English and that will especially
apply if there are any non-Chinese people among the students.
- The lessons for both groups are more or less identical and mainly involve
my asking you Speaking Test questions and giving you feedback (advice and
corrections) on your answers. You all need such feedback from someone like
me. These lessons should not be considered to be exactly the same as
"teaching" lessons, like lessons in a language school. Overall, the aim of
these lessons is to maximize the amount of speaking that the students do.
- Normally, each group will have a maximum of 6
members but I might be willing to run a group class with just 5
- Members of the group classes will also be able to get my feedback on
10 Part 2 recordings that they send me. There is no extra cost for this
service – it's included in the fee for the whole group class. See
- The cost to join one of these group classes is
550 RMB (or $115 Australian).
- You can pay either on Wechat at
IELTS-Chris or by
PayPal, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
| The next group
lessons will begin on Monday,
September 9, 2019 and run until
Friday, October 25, 2019.
(You can book a place in that group any time from
- If you withdraw from a class before it starts, your fees
will be fully refunded to you. However, if you withdraw after a class has
started, you will only be refunded half of the remaining, unused fees.